Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gone MIA?

     Since the A - Z Challenge ended on Monday, I feel like I have been MIA (missing in action).    I guess you could look at it that way since the last two days I have not been on my computer much.  Truth is, though, I was just living life.  You know that time spent away from the computer doing anything but being tied to your computer.  I have to admit, after the challenge it was kinda nice to have a breather. 

     Don't get me wrong.  I loved doing the challenge.  It was, well....challenging!  But it taught me one thing for certain.  I am not an every day blogger.  For those of you who are...you have my utmost admiration.  As for me, I will stick to my (hopefully) about three times a week and not feel guilty about not posting more.

     If blogging was a job and I was getting paid to do it, I could happily crank out one every day.  My husband thinks it should be as much time as I spend on the computer!  But unfortunately, for me it is only a time for me to "pretend" to be a writer.  A time when I can write anything I want and someone will actually read it.  I love that!   My heart's desire has always been to make money writing about the things I love.  For now I must be content to have my quality "me time", doing what I love to do.

     If given the option I could spend every day doing nothing but blogging.  I love it that much.  Somehow, life always seems to get in the way.  You know, those mundane chores like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry...those are the things that always seem to be staring me in the face, quietly taunting me and making me feel guilty.     Such are the demons that interrupt my fun. Oh well!  I guess that's life!  

     So, until I hit the lottery or someone decides to start paying me to write, I won't be posting every day.  After all, it is crucial to my well-being that I leave myself time to read all those other wonderful bloggers that I've met in the blogousphere!    You have become like family that I miss if I don't get to keep up with on a regular basis. 

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat

10 comments:

  1. Lol.. I could have never done what you did. I barely can do a post once in five days. I just dont get the time and also cant stress about what is next. I only post when there is something interesting to post. But I try to visit a couple of blogs every day if time permits. I believe blogging is supposed to be fun not a stressful thing so I dont want it to take over what I am doing and get stressed. You are right unless someone pays me well for it:)
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding time to Paps! I know how hard it is to get around to everyone and I sincerely appreciate everyone who reads mine! XOXO

      Delete
  2. You are a writer Kat. Shoot, I try to post once a week and often I miss that mark. I'm with Paps, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. I have really missed you lately! Between the challenge and you being busy you haven't been around as much and neither have I. It's always great when you make an appearance. I love you no matter how often you make it! XOXO

      Delete
  3. I find I post better posts when I post less often as I work harder on them. Soosting every ay isn't a must for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sandra. I think it should be more about quality than quantity. XOXO

      Delete
  4. Except when I'm participating in a challenge of some kind, I've never been a daily blogger. I like my blog--love it, really--and I really love reading some of my favorites (like yours!), but like you, there are other things fighting for my time. Some are the mundane, and some are way too fabulous to put on the back burner for anything bloggy. There are grandchildren to play with, after all! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beth. No matter how much we love blogging we have to keep our priorities straight and grandchildren always come first! XOXO

      Delete
  5. Posting every day isn't for me either, but I did have quite a bit of fun on the A to Z challenge... surprised, actually, that I had completed it!

    I have enjoyed looking around your site! Hope you can stop by mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely check yours out Kate. Hopefully, I will have more time now that the challenge is over. Thanks for stopping by mine and please come back.

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.