Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Bon Voyage

    

     This is the view out my back door this afternoon.  It is currently 22 degrees Fahrenheit and snowing.  Too cold to stick my head out the door. 



     Tomorrow morning, along with my 4 best friends, I plan to board one of these to fly us out of this cold, miserable weather.  I will be leaving behind my husband and my cat, both of whom I hope are still alive by the time I get back.  (Not sure which one will kill the other!)

     After an overnight layover, on Sunday we will be on our way to a brand new adventure.  For me this will be my first experience.  The others have done this before.  I can't wait...I am so excited!  I will be going on my very first 




CRUISE!

    
     I will actually be checking off one of the items on my bucket list if you remember those from a few weeks ago.  I have always wanted to take a tropical cruise and I can hardly believe it is finally coming true.  I hate leaving hubby at home but he is not a traveler and would never go on a trip like this.  Thank heavens for girlfriends who love to travel as much as I do.  
 
     I plan to document my entire trip so watch for posts and pictures after I return home.  I will not be taking my computer so don't look for any posts from me next week.  I will be lounging on deck or shopping and exploring on a beautiful Caribbean Island.    Believe me, I will be like a kid in his first candy store on this trip.  Everywhere I look will be a new experience and it doesn't take much to impress me.  I'm one of those sappy people who can get emotional over a rainbow or a beautiful sunset so there is no doubt I will simply be in awe of the sights that await me. 

     While I am gone, I wish all of you a wonderful weekend and a spectacular next week.

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat

12 comments:

  1. Yay, happy happy. I don't know where I'll fly tomorrow, or what airline you'll be on, but if your flight attendant has pink shoes ...
    Come give me a hug -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey kelly, what airline are you on?... ever go from CA to AR or the other way around... i want to see the pink shoes and give you a hug! :D

      Delete
    2. I'm going to be looking for those pink shoes now, EVERYTIME I am on a flight... grinZ

      Delete
    3. I will certainly be looking for those pink shoes Kelly...I would love to give you a hug! :D)

      Delete
  2. have a great time, kat!

    that's funny, you want to leave the snow....

    now that rudy is in arkansas, and even though the snow is only a couple of hours drive from us here in CA, he (me too) is so excited about the snowfall.. looking out the window, and even driving to work in it... oh, how i wish i was with him right now... i've never lived the snow life, have only gone up after it has fallen... beautiful weather....

    anyway, i hope your days are sunny and relaxing.... and i am sure your husband and the cat will do just fine.. consider it extra bonding time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snow when we get enough to cover the ground and I don't have to get out in it. Problem is Kenneth has to work out in it everyday and it is so cold. I would miss it if I lived where it never snowed.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful adventure Kat!! I hope you plan to take plenty of pictures so that we can all enjoy the trip vicariously when you return :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry k~, I will take lots of pictures.

      Delete
  4. Oh Envy thou name art Marlia!!!

    Have a wonderful, wonderful time hun.

    Will miss you!

    Kelly if you do see here give her a hug for ALL of us.
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marlia. I really hope I do see Kelly!

      Delete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.