Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas and End of Year Wrap Up

     This week's GBE2 prompt (week #32) is a 15 minute free write.  In other words, we are supposed to set a timer for 15 minutes and purge our minds of any and all random thoughts.  If we decide to post, we are to post as is with all spelling and grammatical errors still present.  That being said...here goes.

     Christmas is over and now it is time to get back to the real world.  This year was different to say the least, but still was good.  Not enough time with the grandkids.  Williams family Christmas went well was somewhat strained.  Mom's loss was like the pink elephant in the room that no one wanted to mention.  I thought maybe we should have just talked about her and got it out in the open but new this wasn't how others wanted to handle it.  All in all was a pleasnt day.  Taylor family Christmas was also different.  Mother-in-law was in the hospital.  She has serious lung and respiratory disease and ended up in ICU.  Father-in-law did well considering it is very hard for them to be apart.  She is out of ICU now and improved.  Hopeful now that she will get to go back to assisted living.

     The time that was magical was the time  spent with my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids.   We never have enough time but what we have is a lot of fun.  We didn't get to make our special baking project this year because of extra time spent running to hospital and assisted living but we did have lots of fun playing board games that we gave them for Christmas.

      Now the kids are gone home and the house seems lonely.  Ready to put Christmas stuff up and get back to normal routine.  Looking forward to playing cards with friends and family here for New Years Eve.  Don't really make a lot of resolutions but do reflect on the past year and things I would like to accomplish in the nesxt.  2011 was not a very good year for us so really hoping 2012 will be better.  Want to improve my blogging and find time to do more writing.  Have found lots of good role models through blogs that I follow.  Sort of intimidated by their great writing since I have no formal training but also learn a great deal from them.  Made some great friends and look forward to learning more about them in the coming year.

     Want to spend more time on what is important in life.  My view of what is really important has changed over the years and especially in the last 6 months.   

Well my timer just went off so my senseless ramblings are over.








16 comments:

  1. There's nothing senseless about the ramblings of a warmed heart Kat. It sounds like you had some great times that you can tuck safely away in your mind, while the year rolls out another trail of days into the next holiday where family gathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing you aren't, senseless. And writing? Mechanics can be learned, but true voice is from the soul. You have that in abundance. have a happy new year. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ramblings! You're such a lovely woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Formal training"?

    Is that a farm machine company or a rail line? I can't tell.

    What could be more 'real world' Kat, than playing board games with the Grandkids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ artful - Thank you for the kind words and thanks for stopping by.
    @ Kelly - Thank you so much Kelly. Coming from you that means a whole lot to me. Happy New Year to you my friend.
    @ Maren - Thank you so much Maren. I appreciate your kindness. You, too are a lovely woman.
    @ Mike - I think it's a piece of farm equipment that we use every day here on the dairy farm. Thanks Mike. You are so right...it doesn't get better than board games with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kat, my hope for you is to have a joyous 2012... i think you need to talk about your mom... bring out the happiness she infiltrated into your family... it's hard to do, i know, but very much worth it... keep writing.... you've got what it takes...
    i hope you new year's eve is bright and shiny!
    daphne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Kat. I love that. Just type what you're thinking. I hope you have a blessed and quiet evening. Take are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Daphne - Thank you Daphne. Your support means a lot to me. I hope you have a wonderful new year too.
    @ Julie - Thanks Julie. Same to you. Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this. So real, so what life gives us.... hardships, joy....hardships...joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For someone with no formal training, you did a great job. I too enjoy having my kids around the most. Two of them are here now and the third is driving in as I type. Can you believe it? It's an after Christmas get together... but we don't celebrate Christmas anyway so it makes sense. Now I'm rambling.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/12/wordless-wednesday-pampered-chef.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed this too.
    Would you believe I am afraid to do this week's prompt. You made it look easy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Imipressed by your writing. If I free wrote it'd be a bunch of gibberish. Sorry about running back and forth to hospitals and assisted living for elders. I have had years like that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy visiting with you. Like you, I would have wanted to talk about the loss of your mom when you were all together--group tears often turn into hugs and laughter and the sharing of wonderful memories, but everyone handles things their own way, I suppose.

    I hope 2012 brings you everything you wish for (and a few wonderful surprises, too).

    ReplyDelete
  14. not senseless in my mind..wow..incredible sensitivity and well..its as if your voice may have been lost in the spirit of giving..yet certainly NOT your HEART. Have a feeling this is what people feel when they are near you..and why we are so blessed to have you in GBE land!! :0)

    so glad you didn't delete this

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Laura - Thank you so much Laura.
    @ Joyce - Family get-togethers are great anytime. Hope you had a good time.
    @ Frizzy - Thank you, it probably was easier than trying to think one through.
    @ Dawn - Thank you, you are too kind.
    @ Claudia - I appreciate your kind words.
    @ Beth - Thank you Beth, you always warm my heart.
    @ Brenda - Thank you so much. All of you at GBE have made me feel so welcome and like maybe I really do belong there.

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.