Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Just a Wanna-Be

      I consider myself somewhat of a foodie, although I'm positive I wouldn't fit the true definition.  I love to watch the Food Channel on tv and I especially love to read food magazines (or at least look at the pretty pictures).  I collect cookbooks and I do like to try out new recipes when I have company.  I adore trying new restaurants.  My most recent addition to my interest is reading food blogs by some very tantalizing writers.  It has always amazed me what some people can do in a kitchen.  
     My culinary skills are not professional level, but they're not too shabby, or so I've been told.  My friends do seem to enjoy eating what I cook; and let's just say my husband has put on a few (and I use that term loosely) pounds since we got married.
     So, by now I'm sure you are asking yourself, "Why is she not a true foodie?  Sounds to me like she is."  Well, let me tell you the one catch. 

I'm a very picky eater.

     That's a biggie when it comes to being a true foodie.  A real foodie knows no fear and is willing to try almost anything put in front of them.  Adventurous eating comes second nature to them.  NOT ME!  I want to know what I am eating and what's in it.   Unfortunately, there are a lot of foods that are not appealing to me and some that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.  And if I don't like it, I'm not eating it!   That leaves me falling extremely short of the requirements that must be met in order to attain the status of a true foodie.  But I'm okay with that.  It is definitely an achievement I can live without.

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Kat. These 'foodies' eat every weird arsed ingredient in the world. Now who in their right mind would eat a pig's foot???! And who in their not-so-right mind would eat it pickled??? Ick!

    You fit MY definition of a good foodie!

    M

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.