Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Female Bonding or TMI? (Final in series - Girls Weekend Adventure)


   
     Much of our trip was spent shopping and eating.  Pigeon Forge, TN. is a never ending plethora of neat places to do both.  If you ever go, my personal favorite that I highly recommend is the Old Mill Restaurant.  Their food is second to none and there are some unique little shops within walking distance, including the Old Mill General Store.   In this area you can find all sorts of souvenir items, handmade pottery, jewelry, candy, clothing and most anything your heart desires.  We literally shopped till we dropped and ate until we were stuffed.

As much fun as the eating and shopping was, I must say it was not my favorite part of the trip.  For me, the most fun and rewarding part of the trip was after dark when we would get comfy at the cabin.  Most of us would put on our 'jammies and we would all gather in the big dining/living room area.   This was the time that we spent getting to know each other a little better.  Some nights were deep and emotional as we opened up like never before.  Others were best described as "truth or dare" as we shared stories, some funny, some sad, and some really embarrassing.

      Many of these nights started off with a box of discussion starter cards that one of the girls had purchased.      These cards would ask questions that ran the gamut of completely ridiculous to borderline tear-jerker.  After the question was read each of us would have to come up with an answer as we took turns around the room.  This made it easier to honestly open up and share details that we never would have on our own.  During these sessions, we definitely forged friendships that will last a lifetime.

      Story nights were the most fun.  Let's just say we have some pretty gifted storytellers in our group.  One particular night we laughed so hard we nearly rolled in the floor.  Nothing brings a group together like a good, embarrassing story, told with the precision of a professional.  You know you are really among friends when the stories get so embarrassing that you would be embarrassed to repeat it.  I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt!   
      All in all it was a wonderful trip.  Years from now I may not remember where we ate or what I bought, but I will always remember the friendships.   Having special girlfriends makes me a happy, well-rounded person.  They are as essential in my life as are my husband and children.  Making time for "girls only" adventures will always be a priority because memories like this are priceless.   

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat














    




5 comments:

  1. Oh I have got to find a girls weekend get away, that sounded awesome, terribic, wonderful and so much more. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a GREAT getaway ! I'm feeling jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! I am heading though Tenn Friday...wont have time to stop and shop though. Boo!!

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.