Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Counting My Blessings - Family

     As Thanksgiving day approaches tomorrow, I am continuing my week of thankfulness.  Even though I am always grateful for the many blessings in my life, I don't always take the time to voice that gratitude.  Today I would like to tell my family just how thankful I am for them.  

      Since mom's unexpected death in July, I have been much more conscious of just how precious each day we have with our family is.  I am extremely blessed to have a close family whom I love very much.  Not to sound like one of those obnoxious, over exuberant people who sees everything and everyone through rose colored glasses, and makes it look like their family is perfect, we are far from it.  Like all families we laugh, we cry, we share good times and bad.  But even if we disagree, we always have each others backs.

     If you have followed my blogs for a while, you have met most of my family.  My immediate family consists of my husband, Kenneth, my son Tim, daughter-in-law Tracy, grandson Jacob and granddaughter Nicole.  I could sit here all night and extol their virtues but rather than bore you with all my sentimental ramblings, I will just say I couldn't be more blessed.  I can never thank God enough for the day I met Kenneth and the plan for this family was put into motion.

      One of my greatest blessings is to still have my 90 year old dad with us.  He has done extremely well since mom's death and for that I am truly thankful.    Also, in a previous blog, I introduced you to my 3 sisters, Jane, Brenda and Tina.  They are such a tremendous blessing in my life.  I see so many families where the siblings don't get along.  That has never been an issue with us.  We have been there for each other through the fun times, the hard times and the seemingly impossible times and have always come out stronger.  And while counting my sisters as blessings, I especially have to add an extra special dose of thankfulness for my sister Jane.  Jane is a walking miracle here on earth and an inspiration to many.     Three times we could have lost her.  Without going into a lot of medical jargon and scary memories, I'll just say she had a massive heart attack, a dissected aorta and an anuerism; all life threatening.  Thankfully, in God's grace and mercy, she is still with us.  Definitely a bonus blessing, three times over!

     As you sit around the Thanksgiving table tomorrow, I hope you will stop to count your blessings.  Even if it's not Thanksgiving for you tomorrow, take time to count your blessings anyway.  Friends and family are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the blessings I count, but they are definitely the most important.  God is good!

     Happy Thanksgiving to all!  May God's blessings be bountiful!

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat











3 comments:

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.