Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Favorite Time of Year






     Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love when the leaves start turning those beautiful colors of deep red, blazing gold and vibrant orange.   Add in the enormous spectrum of greens and it's as though God has put his most treasured oil palette on display for the world to see.   

     This is the season when I can't wait to travel the countryside just to see the glorious visuals presented before me.   Each field is different...some flat, some hilly and each with a different variety of colors; all beautiful in their individuality.   The splendor and awesomeness of nature has always inspired me and the changing colors of fall never disappoint.

     Not only is fall my favorite season because of it's array of color, but also because it leads us right into Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The warmth and good will to all men (and women) really does seem to be more evident this time of year.  Everyone finds their inner child which makes them friendlier and more compassionate.   I truly enjoy the gathering of family and the get-to-gathers with friends that are so much a part of the season.   It's the time when I feel most thankful and blessed.

      October through December will always be my favorite months.  It's my time to to get completely engrossed in the sights, sounds and smells that make up the most spectacular time of year.   It's my time to shine.

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how differently being on the opposite side of the world makes you perceive the seasons. For us here spring is the harbinger of the end of the year, christmas and blossoms. Fall, or autumn as we call it, is the season that takes us into the toughest part of the year - the middle, the cold, the wet, the not taking vacation time unless you absolutely have to because the weather is not conducive. So for many Aussies the fall is the end of summer and good weather and outdoor activities. For me though the fall represents the earth preparing to rest and so I love that season too.

    cheers

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlia. I am fascinated by the differences in our climates and seasons. Thanks for keeping me up on what's going on in your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love fall also, the sweaters i get to wear, especially....
    now is when i wish i was in arkansas, with the hubby, experiencing the change in season - your photo is just how i imagine it...
    daph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo, is that near you? Here in Calif they say we really don't know what a "season" is because it does not change drastically. But in the fall we do have some lovely colorful trees like the pic and I like the little bite in the air in the mornings. Hasn't happened here yet though. It's been 95 most days! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.