Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To Blog or not to Blog

     Blogging is a whole new concept to me.  I've followed a couple of friends blogs, but never really thought about it myself.  You see, I'm what you call a wannabe when it comes to technology.  I can hold my own using a computer, but beyond that, strictly a wannabe.  I wannabe proficient on the IPhone, IPad, IPod and everything else that starts with an I.  Instead, I have to settle for my laptop and my not quite a smart phone since the I's cost more money than this I can afford to spend.                                                                      
     It seems like the world has gone I crazy these days, and is that really such a good thing?    With so many I's to consume our time, it seems that we've lost a lot of the we in our society.  Now, we spend less and less time with friends and family because we can just email, text or video chat them without ever leaving our favorite chair.  A lot of people won't even use their phone to call you, allowing you to at least hear their voice, because it's quicker to send a text.  Call me old fashion, but I miss the personal contact.  Don't get me wrong, I would still love to have all the latest techno gadgets...I'm just saying I think we need to keep them in perspective and not let them replace the basic human need of personal contact.  We need to find a happy balance between the two.
     You know, I just might get the hang of this blogging.   So, until next time...
That's the view through my eyes.
KAT


No comments:

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.