Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Meet Felix

     Meet Felix.  Felix owns the house we live in and we just live here, or at least that's what he thinks.  He claims everything as his domain and expects us to not disturb him.  But all considered, he is a very lovable cat.
     As a child, I remember always having cats around, both inside and out.  I guess it was just natural that I'm a cat person and not a dog person.  Nothing against dogs; some of my best friends are dog owners.  I just prefer cats.
     Felix is the first cat I've kept in the house in my adult life.  I've had him now 2 years and 4 months.  He was from a shelter and was about 6 months old.  I had forgotten how quickly you get attached to a pet.  It doesn't take long for them to become like one of the family.  Especially when they just take over and make themselves right at home.
     Felix is a loving pet.  He loves to lay in my lap and sleep.  He thinks I should always be right there to rub his head and if I get out of his sight he goes from one window to the next whining.  I love my cat and he is a lot of company for me when my husband is out working.  He is definitely entertaining with all his antics.
     Pets are one of the few things in this world we can depend on.  Their innocence and unconditional love is constant.  They never fuss at you or put you down.  They don't ask for much.  Just a good home, some food and water, and lots of love.  There have even been studies that show that people who own pets live longer.
     Of course, having an indoor pet is not all a bed of roses.  With the joy also comes the hair.  Felix sheds so bad that cat hair covers everything in my house.  I don't know how 1 cat can shed so much.  It just seems impossible to keep it cleaned up.  Therefore, I find myself in a constant dilemma.  I get so tired of the hair that I think about giving Felix away, and then he comes and jumps in my lap and nuzzles up against me.  What's a person to do.  At this time, I'm still not sure what I will do.  If the right person comes along, I might let him go...but then, how do you give away a member of your family? 
For now....that's my view.

Kat







No comments:

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.